Everything you want to know about Hot Stone Massage
Power of touch with magical sensory experience has proved to be a noninvasive method of stress reduction, pain management, and it's an exciting way to make you relax.
Bodywork or massages are the scientific additions that contribute to physical and emotional wellbeing. The hot stone massage is a replacement medicine therapy that combines the traditional massage practice and advancements in technology used in medspas and salons.
Hot stone massage dates back to ancient civilization, Native Americans, Hawaiian, and South Pacific Nations.
These cultures used different stones at various temperatures as a form of healing and therapy. Stone massages work primarily to relieve pain from certain body areas; however, you can also achieve emotional and spiritual wellness.
What is Hot Stone Massage?
The hot stone massage is a massage type that utilizes the most commonly used stones, such as basalt. Basalt is a kind of black stoneware developed by Josiah Wedgwood.
Smooth is another type of stone and is also called smooth worry stone. These are polished oval-shaped stones with a thumb-like indentation usually used by a massage therapist to relieve pain and anxiety.
Also, flat volcanic rocks are used in hot stone massages. These stones retain heat and are believed to channelize healing energies deep from the earth.
These stones may be hot or cold and are flat to stay smooth on the body. Hot stone massage therapists clean and sanitize the stones to free them from bacteria and other contaminants.
Sensory soft touches, kneading, vibration, and lighter long strokes are often added with stones, and sometimes they use alone to get desired results.
How does Hot Stone Massage Work?
Hot stone massage works by gearing the power of heat to induce relaxation, pain reduction, and emotional calmness. Stones are heated in water baths, slow cookers, and giant turkey roasters. Hot stones at Angels and Sages spa in Oklahoma City uses electric mechanisms to heat the stones to keep an even temperature and prevent burns to both staff and clients.
Professional stone heaters are the more accurate ones and ensure stones' uniform heating. Angels and Sages spa therapists will warm the stones at a specific temperature and place them at specified body parts. The heated rocks loosen up muscles and increase circulation to improve the quality of treatment.
- For backbone pain, your hot stone massage therapist might place the stones in a row along the spine from the base of the neck to the pelvic floor.
- For headaches, stones work by placing them on the forehead.
- To increase energy flow, stones work well to the top and soles of feet.
- Massage's relaxing and calming effects are attained by placing on palms, face, chest, and abdomen also.
What are the Benefits of Hot Stone Massage?
- Hot stones massage reduces pain while responding to the body's inflammatory response.
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Improves flexibility at various body areas
- It helps in reducing stress and anxiety
- Improves circulation by pushing blood and lymph nodes to move in response to long strokes, kneading, or vibration.
- Improves the immune system by relieving the body from stress.
For further information on possibilities that Angels and Sages Spa offers, fill an online consultation form to book an initial appointment or call at 405-607-1701.