We don’t really need a fresh date on a calendar to tell us that it's time to start over, but Spring can bring in all the feelings of renewal. An extra motivation to spark the wheels of creation, creativity and change that we sometimes need in our lives.
If you’re ready to set some new goals and intentions for the weeks and months ahead then you’ll love my simple seven step guide to setting new intentions..
1. Get Clear on What You Want – Begin by getting clear about your vision and the results you are seeking to create. What does your ideal life look like?
Grab a pen and paper and take an audit of your day and where you spend your time. How much of your time are you spending with the things that you cherish vs. the tasks that you do not? This activity can be quite sobering for me each and every time I do it.
Think about the different areas of your life you would like to improve and then break it down into achievable and measurable goals. You'll want to track what you are doing to your dreams so that you can achieve them.
2. Connect to Your Why – Why do you want what you want? What is the emotion you feel when you dream about your desires? Connect to the emotion and motivation behind it, as it will give you clarity and motivation to work in a direction that is positive for you.
Write down your why. Never lose sight of this. It's your passion and your magic.
3. Believe and Trust – You must believe in your capability to create what you want and fully trust the universe will be with you to support you on your journey.
4. Let Go – This is so hard. It's that hero's leap onto the unseen staircase in a fairytale. This is life, and it's hard sometimes to move forward in pure faith. Begin allowing yourself to trust. Don’t get caught up in how it will happen, instead let go of expectations and allow the Universe to do its work.
5. Make Room – Give yourself space and make room to manifest what you are working on. Get rid of any energy blocks, fear, or beliefs that might hinder your progress. Clear out rooms, clear out lockers, clear that plan B out of your mind. As long as you cling to other solutions -- your dream can not move in the direction you desire it to.
6. Set Yourself Up For Success – Find practical ways to set yourself up for success by working on yourself, learning something new, or creating a supportive network. Surround yourself with positive, like minded people. . Searching for someone with a similar Jedi-like mindset, who struggles to manage 500 responsibilities, but desires the same dreams you do? Look no further; your fellow dreamer is out there! If you can't locate that person in the day to day world -- join a group online. Network. Find your tribe.
7. Reflect and Evaluate – Create moments daily to reflect and evaluate what you have been working on. A daily journaling practice can be an amazing way to meet this need. Monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments along the way.
Are you ready to get started?
Dena B, Founder, Angels and Sages Apothecary