Fall is a time for letting go.
In this natural season of release, it's time to clear out your mental space, and make way for a new and exciting chapter in your life. Here are 5 tips to help you identify and release what no longer serves you.
1. Journal Your Thoughts: Start by taking a moment to write down your thoughts. Allow yourself to reflect on past events and identify patterns that no longer serve you. Make a list of the things that make you unhappy, uncomfortable, or anxious. Explore these thoughts.
Make your space comfortable as you lean into this exercise. Light a candle, grab a cozy blanket -- whatever supports you need to feel grounded and reflective.
2. Reflect on Your Priorities: What’s most important to you? Ask yourself, what brings you joy and what holds you back from experiencing happiness? You need to focus on things that help you grow as an individual.
Document your priorities in your journal.
3. Identify the Triggers: The triggers that affect you can hold you back and it’s crucial that you identify them. Is it a particular situation, person or a thought pattern? The next step is to come up with strategies to avoid or handle them effectively.
Write your triggers in your journal to reflect back on later if you need a reminder. This is especially important if you self-sabotage when you're on the cusp of something good.
4. Accept Change: Acceptance is an essential part of letting go of what no longer serves you. Accept that things will change, that some people may walk away and that you need to create new and healthier habits. This will allow you to move forward and feel good about your choices.
5. Visualize Your Goals: Finally, it’s time to focus on what’s next. Take some time to think about your goals, what you want to achieve, and what steps you need to take to get there. This is the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in your life.
Create a Vision Board, draw a picture, or do a guided mediation every day to help you stay on track and in alignment with your goals.